the synopsis of the vision
The Project 60:60:60 is a National Visioning Initiative to signpost the attainment of the milestone of NIGERIA'S DIAMOND INDEPENDENCE ANNIVERSARY.
2. Every nation optimises such milestones as a moment for introspection, reflection about how far she has come in the nationhood trajectory and projects into the future on the basis of prevailing realities.
3. Today the greatest challenge our nation and people face is the bludgeoning incidence of under employment, unemployment and joblessness, at the dawn of the 60th anniversary, the nation is heading for recession with 39.4 million jobs under threat, made worse by the yet to abate raging COVID-19 PANDEMIC.
4. This is what has informed the initiative code named PROJECT 60:60:60 as a complementary private sector driven effort to make the next decade i e 2020-2030, one to make "raising of NEW ENTREPRENEURS" A PERMANENT AGENDA and activity and not an isolated event.
5. One of the goals is to establish 37 "ENTREPRENEUR LABORATORIES" in ALL THE STATES OF THE FEDERATION and the FEDERAL CAPITAL TERRITORY.
6. This vision starts this year as part of our 60th year Independence Anniversary with the selection of 60 young people with workable creative ideas, skills, and vision from the 6 GEOPOLITICAL ZONES on the basis of their entries submitted via the www.nigeriaat60.com.ng
7. The successful ones will attend the 60th INDEPENDENCE ANNIVERSARY ENTREPRENEURSHIP BOOT CAMP and thereafter will be given FREE STARTUP CAPITAL OR BUSINESS SUPPORT FUND to take off under guided application of the funds and operational supervision.
8. We therefore most respectfully desire an opportunity to share this vision with individuals, Corporate Organisations and Government at all levels with a view to working with stakeholders to accomplish the objectives of this initiative in the short and long term interest and well being of our people and nation as we approach the new decade, lest we ignore the imminent implications of a nation under threat of socio economic disruptions if we do not act fast to arrest the drift.